Sunday, March 13, 2011

Inspirational Moments

Went on a CVS run tonight! I had a minor set back with the Purex. They didn't have as many as I was planning on purchasing so it threw off my well thought through plan slightly. I ended up spending $34.51 and saved $73.32, with $10 in ECB left over. Let me say that a different way to get you really pumped about shopping with coupons. What should have cost me $117.83 only cost me $34.51. Or how about this: what WOULD HAVE (because this is all stuff I need and would have eventually bought) cost me $117.83 only a few weeks ago, before I started clipping coupons, only cost me $34.51 tonight. I got $73.32 of FREE merchandise! Excited yet? :) My plan was actually to only spend $24.51 and use the ECB towards the Purex but like I said, foiled. Oh well, so here's how I did it ...

Purex 3 in 1 laundry detergent sheets
- on sale for $3.99 and I had many $3 off coupons from 2/27 Redplum so, $0.99 each! One box does 20 loads of laundry, that's your laundry detergent AND dryer sheets in one!

Pampers Diapers
- on sale for $20 and I had a $2.00 coupon from 2/27 P&G

Lansinoh pads
- on sale for $9

* They had a deal, spend $25 get $10 ECB (extra care bucks) when you buy select baby products so I got $10 back from the Pampers and the Lansinoh pads. These are sweet little deals especially when you combine them with coupons, take advantage of them when you can!

Hefty Bags
- on sale for $1.00, I had a $1 off 2 boxes from ... honestly I have no idea where from so, $1/2.

Crest Pro-Health Rinse
- on sale for $3.49, you get $2.50 ECB back, and I had a $1.00 coupon from 2/27 P&G so, FREE!

Crest Pro-Health floss
- on sale for $3.49, you get $2.50 in ECB back, and I had a $0.75 coupon from 2.27 P&G so, $0.25.

Dial NutriSkin Lotion
- on sale for $4.99, you get $3 ECB back, and I had a $2.00 MFR coupon from 3/13 RP so, FREE! And technically a $0.01 MM (money maker). Hey, a penny earned is a penny saved!

Tena panty liners
- on sale for $9.99, you get back $9.99 ECB, and I had a $2.50 MFR coupon from here Tena so, $2.50 MM (money maker)!! Limit 1 per customer.

My Strategy ...
I bought my ECB rewards things first. The Tena pads, Crest rinse and floss, and the Dial lotion. I paid $17.25 but that gave me $17.99 in ECB to go towards my diapers. My next transaction I did the Lansinoh pads and diapers. Using my $17.99 ECB I ended up only paying $11.04. Last I did the Purex and Hefty bags I was going to use my ECB but that's when everything messed up. I found out you have to use them (ECB) all at the same time and I only had a $10 ECB slip left so I had to pay $3.68 in cash and held on to my ECB for later. My total spending $34.51 and I saved $73.32 + I have $10 to spend on my next CVS shopping trip. BOO-YA.

For basically what I was previously spending on a box of diapers and a thing of dental floss I got, the same box of diapers and dental floss PLUS lots of laundry detergent, mouthwash, lotion, hefty bags, Lansinoh pads, and panty liners. FOR THE SAME PRICE people. Get you some inserts and some weekly ads and you can do this too! 


  • For those of you who aren't familiar with CVS here is how the Extra Care Bucks work. You sign up for a CVS card and scan that before each transaction. On select items you can get Extra Care Bucks back with purchase. You can find these deals in their weekly ads. You'll see, buy this item at $3.99 and you'll get $3 in ECB. One ECB equals one dollar, so they're as good as money. They print out beneath your receipt and you can use them on your next transaction. So far no one has given me a hard time about doing a couple transactions in a row. Some times you'll see deals that end up equalling the price of the item so in a round about way you end up getting that item for free! Now, if you can combine these deals with coupons you have automatic money makers! 

3 comments:

  1. So how much time did you have to put into figuring out this run? Finding the coupons, and actually getting the items? Great job--sure beats just throwing money away when you can get money back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent about 45 minutes putting this one together while Jon took Kaley to the park. Then when I actually went shopping it took a little bit longer on this run because I had to go to 2 CVS stores, but once you have your list together you just go in and fill your cart up. Well, I usually spend an extra 5 minutes being nervous and triple checking my coupons before I step up to the cash register. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I remember when I had to run out and get those Lansinoh pads I think I paid $11! no sale, no coupon! Keep on couponing

    ReplyDelete