Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Coupon Policy

When you are first starting out I suggest picking one or two stores to begin with. Publix is a good one and then either CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid or whatever. You do benefit from comparing sales at a couple different stores, but making multiple shopping trips can be time consuming. I don't know about you but, I don't have that kind of time so I keep it simple. Next it's important to find out their coupon policy so that you are operating properly within it. Here are some good questions to ask:
  1. Do they accept competitor coupons? There are 5 or 6 Publix near me, but there is only one that accepts Target coupons. I have a lot of Target coupons so it's worth it to me to drive out to that particular Publix. Target is right down the road from them so in order to be competitive with them they allow Target coupons as well as a few other stores coupons. Every store is different so it's important to find out what kind of coupons your store will or will not accept. 
  2. Do they double coupons and up to what amount? My Publix will double any coupon up to $0.50. For example, if I have a $0.35 coupon they will double it at the register making it a $0.70 coupon. The registers do it automatically so it's nothing you have to ask for. Nice huh?
  3. Does the store put out coupons of their own and where can you find them?Follow that question up by asking if you are allowed to combine store coupons with MFR coupons. Most places allow you to combine one store coupon and one MFR (manufacturers) coupon towards one item. You get your biggest savings when you can match them up like that on an item that's on sale, so make sure you find out where to get that particular stores coupons.
  4. Do they allow coupons you print off at home? Although these coupons are legit some places are afraid of being scammed so they don't allow printable coupons so make sure you ask first.
  5. Do they accept expired coupons? Some places actually do. It doesn't hurt to ask.
  6. Do they have double or triple coupon days? I personally do not know of a store that does this but I have heard that there are some stores out there that have a special day where they double or even triple every coupon you bring in. Jackpot if you have a store that does this!
That's all I can think of for now. Like I said before, it's important to find out every store's policy that you're going to coupon at because every store is different, some times even stores within the same franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment