Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where do I find coupons?

GOOD QUESTION!


In order to be a successful coupon shopper you need COUPONS! So, where do you find them?
  • Local newspapers - Proctor & Gamble (aka P&G) puts out a good insert once a month, Smart Source (SS), Red Plum (RP), etc. can all be found in your Sunday newspaper. These are filled with good coupons. It's always good to get multiple newspapers if you can so you can have multiple of the same coupon. The more coupons the better so you can stockpile on a hot deal.
  • Manufacturer Websites - Most MF websites post printable coupons for their product. Usually they require you to submit your email or signup for their newsletter before they give you a link to print out coupons. I hate junk mail cluttering up my inbox so I suggest making a whole new email address dedicated to your coupons. Then, at your leisure, you can scan through what these companies send you to find coupons.
  • Store Websites - Stores like Target, CVS, Walgreens, & Publix all have printable coupons on their websites. Remember, if you can match up a store coupon with a MFR coupon during a sale on that item ... BINGO. Big savings!
  • In Store - Stores like Walgreens and CVS have booklets of coupons located at the front of the store. Publix has a yellow advantage buy flyer full of coupons free for all at the front of the store. Pick a couple up on your way out for your next shopping trip. 
  • Google - When all else fails, GOOGLE IT! When I am trying to find coupons to go with my shopping list I will just Google an item, for instance "Mott's Applesauce coupon", and the search engine will pull up multiple sites directing me to a Mott's Applesauce coupon IF there is one available.
  • Coupon Inserts Only - Here's a website where you can order just the inserts from your paper (P&G, SS, Redplum, and others). Order Coupon Inserts I found this helpful when I was just starting out. I ordered a pack of inserts to get my coupon stock started. 
  • Coupon Blogs - I have a few favorite blogs that I use as resources to direct me to coupons and good deals. Saving My Family Money is just one of many out there. This blog breaks down sales for you at specific stores by matching the sale item up with coupons and gives you links to exactly where to find the coupons! I find this very helpful. Bookmark these pages, they come in handy.
  • Coupon Clipping Services - This is something new that I just learned about. A friend of mine has a coupon clipping service over at Saving My Family Money that makes it easy to get your hands on specific coupons so you don't have to get another newspaper. She lists the coupons that she has available, clips them for you, and sends them to you for super cheap. Say you're looking for a $3.00 off Huggies diapers coupon, you can check with her to see if she's got it and order as many as you want! Here's a link ... Coupon Clipping Service
  • Magazines
  • Blinkies - Those little machines at the grocery stores that spit out coupons at you.

Here's a few websites I suggest signing up at for printable coupons and free product samples:
  • http://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/pgeds/index.jsp
  • http://www.redplum.com/
  • http://www.couponnetwork.com/
  • http://www.coupons.com
There are so many places to find coupons out there in cyberland. Those are just a few of the sources I use. Most only let you print out 2 of each coupon. 

HOT TIP!! If your printer only prints out one coupon you can push the "back" button on your browser to make it print you out a second one! 


1 comment:

  1. (This is Christine, but I don't have any of the necessary accounts, so I used my husband's!)

    If you are a member of swagbucks or mypoints, you can get to coupons.com through their sites and earn points for couponing. You trade in those points for gift cards or other items. Through swagbucks, even if you never try to earn points any other way, you can get a $5 Amazon gift card for every 45 coupons you use. (If you want to sign up and let me be your referral, my link for swagbucks is http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CTWheeler. For mypoints, I have to send you an email.) You may want to ask your friends if they are members so you can sign up under them and help them out too.

    ReplyDelete